Send in your loose change! Our All for Books Contest ends tomorrow, October 12th.
5 Coin Facts Courtesy of the Hollywood PTA:
1. 16 pennies placed side by side = 1 foot
2. A mile of pennies would require 84,440 pennies.
3. The first coins were made of electrum, an alloy of silver and gold.
4. Approximately 30 million pennies are produced per day. That's 1,040 pennies every second!
5. One coin press produces 720 coins per minute which means that the Philadelphia Mint produces 46,800 coins per minute if all of its 65 presses are operational.